Do You Need Help Justifying Your Attendance? We’ve Got You Covered!
Attend > Justify Your Attendance
By Attending SCTE® Cable-Tec Expo®, You Will Return to Your Employer Armed With the Latest Products and Solutions.
In some cases, you may need to justify your attendance to the America’s largest cable media and broadband technology event of the year.Below are tips on getting employer support for attending:
- It’s not an expense—your attendance is an investment! Focus on what you will specifically bring back to the organization as return for the investment.
- Make a checklist of the sessions you are planning to attend and articulate the value that your attendance at these sessions will bring to your organization.
- Be ready with a plan that shows who will cover for you while you are attending the conference. After June 22, 2023 (once registration opens), be sure to check out the registration page where all rates are listed to see if you qualify for any of the lower rates.
- SCTE individual members qualify for a special rate.
- A pre-registration discount rate is available until August 25.
- If you are an employee of a CableLabs® member company, your registration is included as part of your company’s CableLabs® member benefits. Therefore, there is no charge to you ($0).
- Upon your return to the office, prepare a presentation of what you learned so that your colleagues will benefit from your attendance.
- Share the workshop schedule and speaker handouts with your colleagues. As an attendee, you have unlimited access to the featured speaker presentations and white papers.
- If you are a former/current Board member, Chapter leader, Standards Committee member, Standards Working Group member, or have volunteered in any other capacity with the Society, please note that you will be recognized at the 40th Anniversary Celebration Event, and therefore, could highlight this in your justification letter (template below).
Letter To Supervisor
Dear <supervisor’s name>,
I would like to attend the SCTE® Cable-Tec Expo® 2023, the premier cable telecommunications engineering event, held –October 16-19 in Denver, CO. The conference features educational workshops that are directly applicable to my work.
This year is unlike any other, because SCTE is celebrating the fortieth anniversary of Cable-Tec Expo and will feature an unparalleled collection of educational sessions, plus hundreds of exhibitors, for a unique learning and networking opportunity.
I have identified the following workshops <fill in workshops>, which will allow me to gain knowledge in areas of <fill in topic areas> that could immediately be put to use with <project(s) you are working on>. Receiving the information in this educational format will greatly reduce the research time and costs normally incurred in researching the topics and will allow me to share this knowledge with our team upon my return.
I am seeking approval for the registration fee, travel expenses to the conference and expenses during the conference.
Here is the breakdown of travel costs:
Conference Fee: <$xxxx>
The total costs associated with attending this conference are <$xxxx>.
The opportunity for me to gain knowledge in specific areas of <your area of expertise> makes my attendance at the SCTE Cable-Tec Expo 2023 a wise investment, which will yield rich dividends for <name of your organization>.