SCTE® Cable-Tec Expo® – Your Safety Matters.
Keeping Your Safety in Mind
We want you to have a safe and enjoyable experience at Cable-Tec Expo. If you are not feeling well or are experiencing symptoms, please stay home. Full Conference In-Person and Virtual Attendees may opt to network and view sessions in our online streaming platform, at home, in a private area or in your hotel room.
Bringing the Cable Industry Back Together… Safely!
Here is what we are doing to facilitate a safe EXPO:
- Attendees are welcome to bring their own masks. Should you want a mask, disposable masks will be available, on a first-come first-serve basis, at registration for use at the show.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be placed in various locations throughout the show.
- Self-serve registration desks for pre-registered attendees who bring their barcoded confirmation to “scan and go” for reduced direct contact.
- Plexiglass shields will be in place at registration counters.
- Where practical, registration staff will wear nitrile gloves and masks to limit touchpoints.
- We will follow local Philadelphia conference safety guidelines.
- We will provide conference attendees comfort level color-coded bracelets:
- Red – Please keep your distance. Stay 6 feet apart. Still social-distancing and taking precautions. May be high risk or caring for someone high risk.
- Yellow – Ok with talking but not touching, no physical contact. Keeping some distance but OK talking within 6 feet apart.
- Green – OK with handshakes and physical contact.
The Pennsylvania Convention Center
We are following the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and are taking extra precautions together with the Pennsylvania Convention Center. We continue to monitor and adhere to local recommendations as set forth by the City of Philadelphia.
The Pennsylvania Convention Center (PCC) has received Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) STAR accreditation. Recognized as the gold standard of safe venues, the PCC is one of the largest venues in the northeast to receive the GBAC STAR™ accreditation.
In addition, the PCC has implemented enhanced policies and procedures to continue to provide the finest customer service and address the specific needs of customers.
CLEAN & SAFE
- VenueShield™ – ASM Global established venue cleaning protocol works with over 400 products that include the recommended requirements for disinfecting various surfaces.
- Pennsylvania Convention Center’s Deep Clean program addresses high traffic and touch areas, hand hygiene, team training, employee personal protective equipment, contactless entry, and housekeeping staff dedicated to increased sanitization efforts.
BUILDING AND TECHNOLOGY UPGRADES
- Advanced plasma air purification technology for larger spaces and UV fixtures for smaller spaces
- KONE UV Light Sanitization escalator handrail installed.
- Ongoing process of replacing HVAC air filters with higher efficiency MERV-14 filters
Click here for more Health & Safety updates from the Pennsylvania Convention Center.
On behalf of the Board of Directors of the Pennsylvania Convention Center Authority and the hundreds of talented and dedicated professionals that make up the Pennsylvania Convention Center family, I am pleased to extend a warm welcome to the Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers (SCTE).
Based on recent reports, the cable telecommunications (cable operator) industry provides a substantial economic impact to the United States economy, accounting for approximately $460 billion in direct and indirect impact, and over 2.9 million jobs. For 39 years, shows such as the SCTE Cable-Tec Expo have shaped the future of the industry and fueled its development.
As the world emerges from the unique challenges resulting from COVID-19, we know that you are ready to return to doing business, face-to-face, and the Pennsylvania Convention Center is proud to host SCTE’s first in-person event since 2019.
During your time at our state-of-the-art facility, you will notice that the Center has made significant investments in building enhancements that prioritize the health, safety, and comfort of our customers and guests.
These enhancements include the installation of advanced air purification technology, HVAC air filter upgrades, touchless restroom renovations, UV light handrail sanitization on all escalators, the purchase of specialized deep cleaning and disinfecting equipment, and the implementation of enhanced sanitization and health and safety protocols.
Additionally, the Pennsylvania Convention Center recently received its Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) STAR reaccreditation, the gold standard of safe venues, which acts as verification that the facility continues to evolve, improve, and advance with the performance-based GBAC STAR program elements for infectious disease prevention.
The Center is managed by ASM Global, the world leader in venue and event strategy and management, and our team of experienced industry veterans are ready to welcome you with the highest levels of professionalism and customer service in a hospitable environment.
We are thrilled that the Pennsylvania Convention Center was selected to be the host facility for SCTE Cable-Tec Expo ‘22 and we look forward to welcoming you through our doors for another successful event.
John J. McNichol
President and CEO
Pennsylvania Convention Center Authority